Thursday, January 8, 2009

It didn't "hit home" until now...

The downturn in the economy really hadn't had a direct effect on me until just recently. Of course I heard all of the talk on the news, noticed the headlines, and the slow in the housing market. However, it wasn't until the last couple of days that it had a direct effect on my life.

Unfortunately the housing economy has been hit hard, which can mean that working in this kind of business can be even harder. The past couple of days at work have been challenging as the company I work for was forced to lay-off some employees. Thankfully, I am so fortunate to still have the job I love so much, but at the same time I am still faced with the fact that this could change in the blink of an eye. While this is all hard to take in, I do feel encouraged that we will as a company make it through this hard time.

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to those who are now faced with the uncertainty of what is ahead for themselves and their families. I hope you will be thinking and praying for them too...

No comments: