Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope 2009 brings everyone peace, joy and prosperity! I wanted to share an awesome recipe with you. It is one of Tim's favorites! This creamy chicken chili hits the spot on those cold, wintry days...
White Chicken Chili
Onion mixture, mix and saute:
1 white onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. oil
Combine the onion mixture with:
a deboned roasted chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
3 - 14 oz. cans chicken broth
3 - 15.5 oz. cans great northern beans (I used 2 cans)
1 - 10 oz can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilis) I used 2 cans of the mild rotel
Cook for one hour in a large pot or crock pot
Add 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese and cook 1/2 hour more.
Add 16 oz. sour cream and enjoy! :) This recipe makes a lot of soup.

No comments: