Today we laid Aunt Deloras to rest. It was a hard day knowing she will no longer be "here," but at the same time it was a day of celebrating the 97 wonderful years she lived.
One of the beautiful bouquets from the Church. PINK was her favorite color.
Uncle Tom, Grandma, Aunt Barbara
My Cousin Nick and his wife Sarah
Aunt Patti and Uncle Tom
My Fam w/Gram
Where's Tim? Oh wait... he's hiding behind the flowers! ;)
I stepped outside for a minute and a little boy wearing shorts and cowboy boots (in the background of this pic, what a hoot) was walking an adorable chubby puppy named Chester!
Seriously, how could an adorable, chunky little puppy named Chester not brighten your day?!? :)
I wonder if Aunt Deloras had a hand in this?
I think so.
I'm going to wrap up this blog entry with the poem I read at Aunt Deloras' funeral today.
You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she's gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
In Loving Memory of Deloras Coffin
Aug 5, 1913 - November 5, 2010
Aug 5, 1913 - November 5, 2010

2 comments:
Oh Katie, I'm so sorry!! I've been off blogger for a while and am just now getting caught up - please know you and your family are in my prayers. What a beautiful poem and what a great way to look at life!! And, those pink flowers are just gorgeous!!
Awww, thank you Christy! :) Good to hear from you, girl.
Post a Comment