As most of you probably already know, on April 1st I was laid off from my job at HearthStone. They closed the location I had been working in and downsized their choice studio. Little did I know the crazy road that was ahead of me when looking for a job in interior design... :)
I figured finding a new job wasn't going to be an easy task, come to find out I had NO idea how difficult it really was going to be! After lots of phone calls, e mails, interviews, networking and hearing "we decided to hire 2 assistants instead of 1 full time designer," "check back in 6 months when the economy is better," "you can work in our design studio for $9/hr," (not that there's anything wrong with working for $9/hr, but it wasn't going to pay my bills)... I was finally offered a job yesterday and accepted their offer today!
I'll be working as a showroom design consultant at Sunderland Brothers! It's mostly known for their great tile (but they also sell cabinets and countertops, too)! They have a huge showroom and work with tons of designers, builders, and homeowners in the area! Although they asked if I could start working that afternoon (lol), I can't wait to start next Wednesday and couldn't be happier to have a JOB! :)

2 comments:
Yay Katie!! I'm so happy for you!
It was so great seeing you last night! We will definitely have to do it again soon!
Have a great rest of the week! :)
Aw thanks, Christy! :)
It was great seeing you too, we need to get together more often:)
Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment