Sunday, July 25, 2010

Street Of Dreams

This weekend, my friend Amy and I went to Street Of Dreams (also known as Street of Screams in the interior design world, lol!). To be honest, I had mixed thoughts. First, there were only 4 houses; all of which were beautiful but definitely not as "glamorous" as what we've seen in the past (a sign of the times, I think). It was a great location (about 2 minutes from our house), on a small lake. BUT, there is a huge concrete operation-type plant that also shares the lake with these homes. So, each and every home on the lake shares a view of a quaint/cute little lake and a not so lovely concrete plant. There were a LOT of dark colors used and a lot of faux (yuck) finishes used. And, I was shocked to see a ton of 12x12 tile! I thought the trend was getting away from smaller tile, but street of screams proved me wrong. Some of the things I liked were, painted white woodwork mixed well with dark woodwork, some of the window treatments were great!! They weren't heavy/gaudy like in many of the past years. And the lighting fixtures in some of the homes I really liked! As far as tile goes we saw a lot of this...
I like it best used on a backsplash. But we also saw it on a whole fireplace wall, I thought that was a little much. Overall, I'd rate Street of Dreams a 6 (on a scale of 1-10). Hopefully next year will be a better year. :)

No comments: