Red, White, and Blueberry Trifle
2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
8 oz sour cream
1 tsp almond flavoring
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 pint whipping cream
1 angel food cake **I used pound cake** (store bought is fine, Wal Mart bakery)
1 quart strawberries
1 quart blueberries
3/4 cup sugar ** I did NOT use this much, more like 1/4 cup, if that**
2 tsp almond flavoring
.......
1. Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar
2. Add sour cream, vanilla and 1 tsp almond flavoring
3. Set this mixture aside
4. In separate bowl whip the whipping cream, add to cream cheese mixture
5. In separate bowl place strawberries and blueberries with 1/4 c. sugar and 2 tsp almond flavoring
6. In a clear glass or trifle bowl alternate layers of cake, cream cheese mixture, and berries.
7. Garnish the top with berries. I made a star out of blueberries :) The strawberries were supposed to be stripes, but it didn't really turn out looking that way. :-/
8. I prefer making this dessert the day before, so the cake has time to soak up some of the yummy flavors. Enjoy!

2 comments:
Tastes great, thanks for the recipe.
Oh my gosh! Look at all the dairy goodness!! Looks super yummy and very pretty!
Post a Comment