


A college Friend, Jen's wedding (above)
Tim's big catch at the lake! (above)
Liz and I in Chicago at the top of the John Hancock Bldg. (above)
My Cousin Jeff and his wife Emily (above)
Oh boy, where do I even start?!? What a summer it has been so far! Might as well jump right in, lets start with something fun...There's no better way to begin the summer than w/a trip to Chicago to visit my best friend, Elizabeth! We had so much fun! We went to Navy Pier, ate at some great places and of course shopped our little hearts out. :) Plus, I got to see their first new home, it was beautiful. We had a blast, as always!
Tim left for Army Officer School on May 28th. He is in Fort Meade, SD for 8 weeks until he completes the program. I am excited for him! He seems to be doing well, but is definitely ready to be back home! He gets back July 25th, which can't come soon enough! He will graduate from the Officer Program on August 22nd, and upon graduation will be a Second Lieutenant in the Army. This will not be a full time job for him, as he is in the reserves.
While Tim is gone, my "little" brother Jon has been staying with me! He has been a huge help (especially with Wilson). Plus, it's just nice to have him around. He is working as a personal trainer for Optimum Fitness. He does boot camps, personal training, and also works with employees of companies like First National Bank and Mutual of Omaha doing training in their corporate gyms. He seems to be enjoying his time in Omaha! :)
Work has been very busy. We were named the 30th largest builder in the country by Big Builder Magazine! Last year alone we had 1,290 closings which is an exciting accomplishment! We're still plugging away too, things have not slowed down one bit! I still LOVE my job, but vacations are nice too! ;)
The Designers Showhouse is coming right along. Our walls are up and we have ordered plumbing fixtures, lighting and fabric! It's still on schedule to be completed mid-September. More details to come...
Otherwise if there's not a wedding, baby shower, bridal shower or jewelry party going on than you can find me and Wilson at the lake! :) We've been spending as much free time there as possible! Wilson is set to compete in the olympic swim trials coming to Omaha in 2012! ;) Watch out Michael Phelps! haha!
I hope this blog post finds everyone happy and healthy and having a wonderful summer! I will try to update as often as I can! Happy, Happy Summer!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment