Saturday, February 7, 2009

Exciting Opportunity!

This morning I received a phone call from the desinger I did my internship with at the Interior Design Group in Omaha. She asked me if I would be willing to work with her on the 2009 ASID Designers Showhouse! I was elated!

The team of designers met this afternoon at the beautiful residential home built in 1904 near 38th & Dodge. The owner requested to finish the basement themselves in the future, but the remaining 6000 square feet is ours to work with. Obviously, the residence is HUGE and in definite need of a designers touch! But it's full of amazing casework, and has so much character as many old homes do!

Annette and I will be designing the powder room on the main floor. It's small, just under 600 s.f. which is okay with me as I was a little overwhelmed with this being my first experience doing a showhouse. But, I am SO excited that I was asked to be a part of this, it is an amazing opportunity! And this came at the PERFECT time as I am wanting to take on more residential projects of my own. It will be good exposure. I will post again soon as I plan to take pictures of the home and I will follow up with more information. It will be open in Sept.-Oct. for public viewing.

No comments: